Short guide to realize the table of your dreams
It will take some time and patience, but in the end the result will be fantastic! We can create original and creative artifacts and we can use any material (fabrics, caps, metal, stones, rocks, plants, flowers etc.)
No products found.
Choose a good resin
Read many reviews before buying the resin, quality is a key element!
- Choose a wood that is at least 2 or 3 cm thick
- With sandpaper, sand the wood, if you choose a fine grain (300-400) the wood will preserve its original color because it will absorb less resin, if you prefer a dark color, use a coarse grain (60-80)
- Cut the wood into several parts and blow it with compressed air or brush it with a soft brush to remove dust and sawdust.
- Leave the wood in the sun or near a heat source for 24-48 hours to remove the humidity.
- Create a wooden frame that will then shape your table, 3-4 cm high (or if the wood is thicker, make it 1 cm thicker than the wood).
- The surface does not need to be smooth, has the sole purpose of containing the resin and will eventually be removed.
- Place a sheet of polyethylene or nylon inside the frame, taking care to adhere to the edges, you can help with the double-sided adhesive tape.
- Put everything on a perfectly flat surface and check that the nylon is straight and without holes, at the end the resin will take the shape of the nylon so pay attention.
- Place the pieces of wood inside the frame in the way you prefer, if you want you can also add other materials such as shells, stones, metal, leaves, flowers, etc. ..
- Wear gloves, mix about 300 grams of resin (A + B), brush all sides of the wood, soak all parts well especially the more irregular ones like the bark. In this way we will avoid that bubbles remains inside in our beautiful table.
- Rest the resined wood in its final position.
- Wait until hardening (at least 8 hours)
- Prepare the rest of the resin (A + B) and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Cast the resin until you reach the desired thickness,
- Use a hair dryer to blow up the bubbles on the surface
- Wait 24 hours for solidification of the resin
- Remove the table (yes, we can finally call it TABLE) from the frame and correct the various imperfections with sandpaper or a hacksaw.
- If the parts we corrected have become matt, just apply a layer of resin with a brush to make the surface shiny.
- Nylon is the cheaper solution but create a more irregular surface.
- If you want “perfection” you must buy a plexiglass frame. In this way the table will be perfect and the process will be faster.
- Resin consumption: If the table was made of pure resin (60x60x4) more than 10 kg of resin would have been required. But since half of the volume is occupied by wood, only 6 kg is needed.
- If you want to create a colored table just add the pigments to the resin, mixing until the desired color is achieved.